WORDS OF WISDOM AND INSPIRATION
1. The meaning of life comes from within.
2. The bond that links your true family is one of respect and joy in each other’s life.
3. If you think the universe as beautiful and just, remember, You still have to make the universe live up to this ideal by creating it.
4. In order to live free and happy, you must sacrifice your belief that you have no control.
5. Nothing can stop you, harm you, or truly control you, unless you let them.
6. Destiny … it is not a matter of chance – it is a matter of choice.
7. Normally, you live safely behind the walls of your own ego. You like your safety there, your lack of vulnerability. Falling in love tears down the walls, at least temporarily. You are exposed and vulnerable just as you feared, but the overwhelming emotion of love makes this an ecstatic condition rather than the painful one expected.
8. What is a friend? It is someone with whom you dare to be yourself.
9. The mildest suggestion for change is a death-threat to some status quo.
10. We don’t have rights until we claim them.
11. Happiness is the reward we get for living to the highest right we know.
12. A tiny change in today brings us to a dramatically different tomorrow. There are grand rewards for those who pick the “hard” roads of living their highest inner truth, but those rewards are hidden by years.
13. Character comes from following and expressing our highest sense of right, from trusting our ideals without being sure they will work.
14. Love endures only when lovers love many things together and not merely each other.
15. Taking no risk is sometimes the biggest risk.
16. No one can solve problems for someone whose problem is that they do not want their problem solved.
17. You can not discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.
18. It is not a matter of what you look at, but what you see.
19. No matter how qualified or deserving we are, we will never reach a better life until we can imagine it for ourselves and allow ourselves to have it.
20. We design our own lives through the power of our choices.
21. We often generate our own environment and encounter the world we created.
22. Any powerful idea is absolutely fascinating and absolutely useless until we choose to put it in action.
23. Life is not a destination - it is a journey. Everything that happens to us shapes who we are becoming.
24. The gem can not be polished without friction, and the spirit can not be improved without trials.
25. Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.
26. Ideals are like stars – you choose them as your guides, and following them you will reach your destiny.
27. Some see things and say, Why? While others dream of things that never were and say, Why not?
28. You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.
29. All you can do is all you can do, and all you can do is enough.
30. The road to anywhere starts where you are.
31. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.
32. What would you attempt to achieve if you believed it was impossible to fail?
33. Excellence is: all of us working together, aspiring to do everything we need to do, somehow better than it has ever been done before.
34. It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble, how hopeless the outlook, how muddled the tangle, how great the mistake. A sufficient realization of love will dissolve all.
35. You may only be one person in the world, but you may be the world to one person.
36. Do … or do not. There is no try.
37. Happiness is based on relationships with people you love and respect.
38. Never be in a hurry – do everything with a calm spirit of love and inner peace.
39. Live in love and peace.
40. A good person is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, prepared for emergencies, mentally awake, and loving.
41. Love and goodness are the greatest of all ideas.
42. Love is life’s sweetest reward.
43. The way to handle a person – is merely to love them !!!!
44. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
45. If you bring someone a fish, they will eat for a day: however, if you teach them to fish, they will eat for a lifetime.
46. We hold these truths to be self evident, that all persons are created equal and are entitled to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and equal rights under law.
47. Use might for right !!!
48. This above all – to thy own self be true.
49. What the world needs now - is love – sweet love – That’s the only thing there is too little of .
50. Is anybody there? Does anybody care?
51. Be good to everyone and especially be good to yourself. Do not let fear stand in the way of being good to others or yourself.
52. You have to go in deep water to launch big ships; however, you should make sure you are well prepared prior to taking on really, big challenges. Do not be afraid – Just be prepared for bigger problems with bigger projects.
53. Life teaches the same lessons over and over --- until you finally learn the lesson.
54. Love is created or realized from the human mind inside the human brain.. Human Beings have created their own sense of purpose by understanding to a limited extent the meaning of love and acting on this understanding. We just need to greatly expand this capacity for love. We need to act through greater love at all times rather than acting through just some love occasionally.
55. All you need is love because Love lifts us up where we belong. The greatest words you will ever hear is: I love you, I love you with all my heart, and I will always love you. The greatest thing you will ever learn - is - to love - and to be loved - in return.
Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
Love is a better teacher than duty.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character. Never do anything against conscience even if the state demands it. Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
The value of a man should be seen in what he gives and not in what he is able to receive.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty.
Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.”
"A man must learn to understand the motives of human beings, their illusions, and their sufferings."
"The most important endeavor is the striving for morality in our actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it.
Only morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity for life"
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."
"What can the schools do to defend democracy? Should they preach a specific political doctrine? I believe they should not. If they are able to teach young people to have a critical mind and a socially oriented attitude, they will have done all that is necessary." "Bear in mind that the wonderful things you learn in your schools are the work of many generations, produced by enthusiastic effort and infinite labor in every country of the world. All this is put into your hands as your inheritance in order that you may receive it, honor it, add to it, and one day faithfully hand it to your children. Thus do we mortals achieve immortality in the permanent things which we create in common."
"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things."
"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much."
"...The ideals which have guided my way, and time after time have given me the energy to face life, have been kindness, beauty, and truth."
"The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful..."
TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS – FOLLOW THESE ABC’S:
Avoid negative sources, people, places, things and habits.
Believe in Yourself.
Consider things from all angles.
Do not give up and do not give in.
Enjoy life today.
Family and friends are hidden treasures – seek them and enjoy their emotional riches.
Give more than planned.
Hang on to your dreams.
Ignore those who would try to discourage you
Just do it.
Keep trying - no matter how hard it seems - it will get easier.
Love yourself and others.
Make it happen.
Never lie, cheat, or steal – always strike a fair deal.
Open your eyes and see things as they really are.
Practice makes perfect.
Quitters never win and winners never quit.
Read, study, and learn about everything important in your life.
Take control of your own destiny.
Understand yourself in order to better understand others.
Want it more than anything.
Xcelerate your efforts.
You are unique – no one can replace you.
Zero in on your target and go for it.
Invest 10% of your earnings each year until you are financially secure enough and strong enough to help yourself and family members from all future circumstances that may arise, including illness, retirement, college, and unexpected circumstances.